Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, January 1, 2012

A New Year: A New Beginning


January 1, 2012. What a better day to get back on track with blogging than the first day of a brand spanking New Year, right? I mean this dude is only 6 hours old and still has a shine on it!! To my defense, I am also writing a book. Yep, a book. Of course it will never be published but maybe my grandchildren will one day read the sweet and precious story of what God did for their grandfather and I. I also realize that is also known as a “jug o milk”. What is a jug o milk? Well, my friend, I am so glad you asked! I once knew someone who called excuses a Jug Of Milk because one was no better than the other. The story was when a preacher came to this guys house to invite him to church, he politely declined because he had a jug of milk in the fridge. The preacher was baffled as he didn’t understand what the milk in the fridge had to do with the guy not being able to come to church. After all, we all have milk in the fridge right? When he asked the guy what in the world he meant, he simply replied “I aint comin and I figured any excuse is as good as another”. So, it is what it is, no matter what the reason. An excuse is just a jug o milk, they’re all the same. Ok, so that was totally just rambling, but at the end of the day this is my blog!! So, with Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years behind us, we move forward. Pressing ahead towards the goal. This is the time of year everyone makes promises to themselves and to each other that they usually don’t keep. Everyone is boxing up the old year and ready to start a new one. I love the first day of a new year. But keep in mind that I am weird, very weird. Just ask my husband! The morning is my absolute favorite part of the day. It’s a fresh beginning. A chance to do better than I did yesterday, and I haven’t screwed it up yet! I love watching the world wake up. I love all of the year in reviews that the magazines and news channels do. I love looking back over the year as a whole. There are often things I had forgotten about. I know that because the Lord is all knowing the year 2012 that we face is not a blank page to be written. For I know that He knows everything that will happen and every decision we will make. However, because of our very limited knowledge and understanding, he can only reveal this year to us one moment at a time. Oh, to only know if this is the year for me. To get pregnant of course. Oh what a joy that would be. So 2011 has brought so much to us as a family. I couldn’t record it all if I tried. Our family farm got off the ground, not far mind you but off the ground. And landed again. I graduated after many nights of tears and worry, it’s over. Then I passed the National Boards. Good grief that was tough. I made many new friends this year and caught my biggest fish! I got to see both boys play football on the same field! I landed the dream job that I have always wanted. I mean always. I am doing what I wanted to do when I was 13 years old. How many people can say that?

So, I realize this is a little long, but one of my many goals of this year is to blog every Sunday. So, as I sit here in the dark with the light of my Christmas tree, that will be disassembled and boxed up for another year tomorrow, I ponder on many things. The most important goal I have this year is to be closer to Christ, my Savior. To be ever aware of His presence. I want to stop comparing my life to others. I love every little thing about my life, so really the only thing I ever envy of others is pregnancy and the miraculous birth of a beautiful baby. I never would have dreamed that I would have trouble getting pregnant. Not in a million years. But here I am.  Four years of trying and here I am.  I don’t know what God holds in store for us there, but what I do know is that I trust Him. I know for a fact that He would have nothing less than the best for His children. And I am a child of God!! I know this about Him because His word tells us so. I want to take it all in this year. Every day, I just want to soak in Gods goodness. Just wallow around full of laughter in what He has so freely given us. You see, Satan never takes a holiday. He never calls in sick. He is always roaming this Earth. He would rather us focus on what we want that we don’t have. He wants to plant greed and envy in your heart. And mine too. Always aware of this we can be victorious and cast him out in the name above all names…. Jesus!! I will take every day for what it is worth. I don’t want to be caught up in the busyness that the world has to offer but diligently prepared to enjoy every moment God has blessed me with. There are special days that are months away that I have already begun to deliberately prepare for. Preparation simply keeps me from getting caught running around at the last minute like a mad woman. I can’t enjoy it like that. It also tells the people that are involved just how much this means to me. I have already started making plans for my sons’ mother’s birthday in February. That is a special day, and I will see to it that they realize that. My sons’ mother. Sounds weird I’m sure. If you haven’t gone far enough back in my blog to know, she was killed in a car accident almost 5 years ago. I married their father who is my very best friend and soul mate. I am trying to help raise them the best I know how. Never have been a mother so sometimes I feel blind but I love those guys just like I birthed em and they are my sons. I long to know the feeling of being pregnant and hearing the words…..”she looks just like you”. But even that is expected, right? I mean after all, the Word tells us in Proverbs that a barren womb is never satisfied. I do however realized how blessed I am and how incredibly selfish it is to want much less ask for more.

So, as unorganized and scattered as that was, it is a blog entry nonetheless! I hope you have set goals for yourself this year. Goals that are attainable.  And I pray that you accomplish great things and chase your dreams. I pray that you conquer your fears. I pray that you rely on the strength of Christ instead of your own. I pray that when you fall down (we all do) that you dust yourself off and try again. And again.  I pray that you share the love of Christ with others. I aim to focus more on Christ and less on myself. Every morning this is how I will start my day, focusing on Him. This is going to be an incredible year folks. Look around you, take it all in. Every day, every moment, take it in. Cherish it. Embrace it. Love it. Live it. That way you will love to remember it.

See you in 7 days…….jo

No comments:

Post a Comment