Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Contentment

Hello Sunday! Today has been fairly routine; breakfast, church, dinner, dropping guest children off, and now lounging. This routine, mind you , I have come to be thankful for. It's comfortable, it's familiar, and it's comforting. I remember back to last week when I didn't really have much on my heart yet, I penned hundreds of words that I hope were not too dreadful for the ones that read it. Today I come to this blank page with quite a bit on my heart. But what exactly, I can't say for sure. I am moving through the book I told you about, "The Resolution for Women", and boy has it opened my eyes about so many things. Mainly about contentment. I am learning to be content with what God has provided me as well as what he has not. If you have read anything I have written, it is quite obvious that the one and only thing that I desire that God has yet provided to be is to conceive and bear a child. I am learning to live with this in contentment. It is a delicate balance that has seemed to be kept secret as most of the world live in discontentment focusing on the things in this life that they do not have. I am determined to master this; to live and enjoy the moment, day, season that God has me in currently. Careful not to look to the future with such anticipation that I miss what God has for me today. It is definitely possible to focus on what we don't have to the point that we miss the enjoyment in front of us today! My children will not be this age forever, my husband and I will not be in this decade much longer. My oldest son will soon be driving, which means EVERYTHING changes. I have also learned that being content with what God has provided or not provided for you does not mean giving up on your hopes & dreams, whatever they may be. It is about finding a healthy balance between enjoying what is and anticipating what is to come. Its about making your dreams and expectations take an appropriate seat on your bus, not allowing them to boss you around and control your thoughts. To not allow your expectations and anticipation to rob you from the gratitude of what you have been given, leaving you unable to enjoy this, because He hasn't seen fit to give you that. God supplies our every need. EVERY NEED!! So, look around ya, if you don't have it , whatever it is, you don't need it or the time has not yet come. You can trust Him on this with full confidence, sight unseen. Sounds simple, yet it is so difficult for many to just accept it as that. Maybe that is precisely why it says in the word of God : "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven" (Matthew 18:3). I have noticed as I look back over my blog that the focus has changed. God's work is evident all around us........ take it in, open your eyes, your ears, your heart, your soul.......it's all around us.

until next week,
jo

p.s. my husband watches mindless television as I pound this keyboard. If he reads my pitiful blogs, he usually can't recall them. I love him with every fiber of my being, this is simply a test :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment