Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Mondays

Mondays in my world have now taken on a new meaning and hold new hope for our future as a family. For the past year my Mondays started on Sunday night with a sickening dread in the pit of my stomach and I had to take 12.5 mg of benadryl just to be able to go to sleep. Then, begrudgingly, I arose at 4am in order to make it to class by 8am and I am a morning person! All day, we endured class after class after class and if we were lucky they would let us out early at 630 pm for the 2.5 hour ride home. Now, my Sunday nights are nice and relaxed as we watch football and I type this meaningless blog. This will be my first Monday at work as a Board Certified Nurse Practitioner. I do realize that I keep making a big deal out of that, but in our world, it kinda is. OK, it really is. I worry about all the little things that I sit here and keep telling myself that the Lord has already taken care of all these little things that I am worried about. There are four pt rooms. I wonder if the doc will give me two rooms or just tell me which pts he wants me to see. Ugh, it will feel so uncomfortable until I find a routine. Do I come home for lunch or do I stick around? What do I do with all the junk the previous NP left in the office that is now mine? Tons of little questions are floating around in my head. At the end of the day, each day, I hope to have helped someone, not killed anyone, and avoid making the doc think I am a complete idiot. I'll be sure to let you know how it goes. Not that anyone really reads this or if they do that they even care. Maybe my grandchildren will somehow stumble across my random thoughts and get something out of them. For the record, at the age of 32, I have decided that my grandchildren will call me "Sugar".

God Bless, aj

No comments:

Post a Comment