Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Smelling the Roses

So, as I continue on my job search, I am trying my very best to take this opportunity to enjoy the smaller things in life once again. Having been in school for three years, it's easy to forget what it feels like to sleep in or just sit on the patio and listen to the birds sing. As bad as I want and need a job, other than filling out applications and handing out my resume, it is somewhat out of my control. The very best thing about that is when it is out of my control it is IN GOD'S control :). That brings me much needed peace. So while I wait for God to answer my prayer, I am trying my best to enjoy His blessings and listen for His voice. So today I took a shower at 11am just because I could. I pressure washed the back patio because it needed it. There is a load of clothes in the dryer and they will be there later when I get ready to fold them. I took the time to make my bed. I didn't eat breakfast b/c I didn't have to. Now I'll think a while on what I want to eat for dinner. I just may take a nap after lunch. These are a few of the very things that I want so bad to do when I am slammed with the duties of work, school, and being a mother and wife. This weekend I will make homemade pizza and cinnamon rolls from scratch. I will make coleslaw as well. There is a new recipe I want to try for Lava cake and I will have this for Sunday Dinner dessert. I helped Luke with his homework last night. I am writing an article to submit to the local newspaper. I have enjoyed this time with Tim so much as we often just lounge around when it's too hot to do anything outside. I am reading "One Day" and loving it. God is speaking to my heart about how to serve Him. It is difficult because of our geographical location and lack of participation in our church but I have felt very convicted to do something for missionary work. I want so badly for my children to know the importance of serving others. Praying for guidance and direction. Hopefully Tim will harvest our corn this week and/or next. We have been looking forward to this with great anticipation. Until next time, jo.

No comments:

Post a Comment