Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Finally 8 days later: +OPK

YAY!!!! Finally, after 8 days of testing, we get a positive ovulation test!! Just when I was thinking we might have missed it. So, to add some flare to this post I guess I could fill you in on the details around the event. Of course I am on an emotional roller coaster and swallowing back tears all morning as I read blogs about others' experiences. I panic as I learn that I haven't been testing with the most effecticve method. I had only been using my morning urine and not testing any other time of the day. As I read, I realize that the morning urine is not the best indeed and they encourage testing throughout the day. I realize this at the same time I realize that I just used my last OPK. My heart rate goes through the roof. I live in the middle of nowhere. Literally. No OPK for 45 miles. And the championship race is on. He would do it, no doubt, but that would be like asking hubby to leave during the superbowl. So, I turn my house upside down looking for left over kits. I KNOW there are some here somewhere. Low and behold, I found em :) :).  So the test this am showed Negative. 2pm test positive. Are you serious???!!! Are you kidding me??!!! I ran and got hubby becuase at this point you would think I had a positive pregnancy test. Then I look at the expiration date and it's past. UGH. I take another one......positive. SERIOUSLY??!! This is IT??!! So I am still not satisfied and at this point I have totally interrupted my hubby's Nascar haven. He is so understanding and we find yet another test, apart from this box i found and it expired after the ones that I got positives with. Hubby did this one, "for once and for all". This is it he says, you should be satisfied with this one. He takes me out of the bathroom and to the bed and just holds me tight. Real tight. Three sweet moments pass and he jumps up and dashes to the bathroom with me close behind. He grabs the test and won't let me see it. After a loving struggle, I see it. TWO lines the same darkness. This is it!!!! So, I get the phone to call the doctor like they told me to to schedule the IUI. Who cares that it's Sunday right? Well, apparently they do. The answering service answered the phone and told me very politely that unless I needed the doctor today, I should call back in the morning during usual business hours. Are you kidding me. Nope, she wasn't kidding. So, I begin texting my two prayer warriors as well as others who are keeping up with my cycle and struggle to concieve a child. Oh, how I want that soooo bad. So, back to the blogging forums again this time about expired OPKs which apparently do not stop working after the little date printed on the package. Whew. Can we get on with this now?? EWCM and mittelschmerz right on time. This is the real deal. Thanking God for answered prayers and thanking Him that it wasn't positive yesterday. I would have surely experienced a melt down if I would have gotten the answering service yesterday.......Lord knows that would have been bad. Praying for God's will and strength. He knows I need it. Thanks again for following our little story. Hopefully our family is about to get bigger :) ;) In Christ, amy jo

No comments:

Post a Comment