Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

What?!? 2dpIUI!!!

So, on Monday, the day after I got my +OPK, I called the doctor's office just like they told me to and low and behold they put this sweet nurse on the phone. I won't share her name with you but I will forever remember it. I tell her about my long awaited +test and she seems excited and proceeds to schedule me for the IUI that day. Then, for some stupid reason I tell her that the + came on my 2pm urine and it was essentially neg that morning. ( I say essentially b/c these things are not exactly user friendly, if you have ever used a OPK, you know exactly what I'm talking about. ) So then........she wants to schedule it for Tuesday morning b/c "technically" if the + test occurs after the morning urine, it counts for the next day. You have got to be kidding me. Nope. She wasn't kidding me, not even a little bit. So at this point, I close by office door because when I get anxious, my voice gets a little higher and I don't particularly want my staff hearing the details of my ovulation cycle.....So, as my heart sets up camp in the back of my throat, I begin to "share" with her my concerns. Telling her my symptoms of egg white cervical mucus, ovarian tenderness, and bloating and the fear of waiting too long to do the IUI. She seems pretty understanding and tells me to just come on in at 1pm. Many of my neighbors in the ttc community can relate to me when I refer to overanalyzing EVERYTHING. So, I tell my medical director that I need to leave at 11am for a procedure. He asked no questions (thankfully) and gave me the green light. So off we go, the very thing I begged to God for has finally arrived. Sy sweet hubby goes and provides his sample that I called the "team" so dutifully and they went through their preparation "wash". Seriously. 45 minutes later, that same sweet nurse whose name I will never forget, calls me to the back. She directs us to a very small room and instructs me to remove my bottoms and have a seat on the table. Although, I have never had this particular procedure done, I've had my share of pap smears, so I get the gist. And there we wait. Not long though and here she comes back and I assume the position. My sweet hubby at my side, holding my hand she begins the process. It really didn't hurt, just uncomfortable to the point I told her that some relaxing music would probably help. And maybe dim the lights. I'm sure she added that to her suggestion box. (insert sarcasm) She then proceeded to tell me not to worry, this works on nervous people all the time. And just like that, it was done. The team was put into position and we wait for them to do their thing. She elevates my pelvis, and tells me to relax for at least 10 minutes. She brings me an order for blood work and tells me that I can have it drawn anywhere I like so we don't have to drive two hrs just for labs. She leaves and doesn't come back. 25 minutes later and a devoted prayer later, we decide it is indeed ok to get up and leave. Walking ever so gently, as not to disturb the activity I carefully walk to to the truck. We make it home and add more team members to the party that night - ever so gently I might add. More prayers said. All day Tuesday, I feel so calm and relaxed, I check to see if I have a pulse as I am writing prescriptions for my poor ill patitents. Cramps and tenderness all day. Didn't sleep that well that night and at some point I remember feeling like someone thumped by left ovary. Like really, it woke me up. So, all day today I have been beating myself up thinking and rethinking the timeline of this whole ordeal wondering if I screwed the whole thing up by being impatient. I think what if I didn't release the egg until last night, and the team have left the camp. Not many symptoms today. Pretty much, everything feels normal. It would certainly make this process easier if they would look for follicles with an ultrasound. At any rate, tomorrow is Thanksgiving and we have more to be thankful for than we could ever imagine or express. 4 days til blood work and 10 til any possibility of knowing if we were successful. At the end of the day, I carry peace in my heart knowing God is in control and no matter how bad I screw it up, He's got my back. He knows the birthday of my child that hasn't even been conceived yet. He knows what is best, I have asked Him for that and now I trust Him. Every day is hard, don't get me wrong, but at the end of the day, I hold onto that peace and lean on Him for strength. I know He has heard my pleading prayer as I express to Him the yearning desire burning deep within my soul to carry a child in my womb and raise them to know and love the Lord. I think I feel better now, having said all that. If you made it this far, I am sorry, for I am pretty certain it was pure torture. Thanks for reading and I ask your prayers. Until next time, love one another,
amy jo

No comments:

Post a Comment